Saturday, January 10, 2015

Indulgence and Obsession: Single Malt Whisky from Scotland

Indulgence and Obsession: Single Malt Whisky from Scotland from Illustrado

 

By Krip Yuson

 

If I am asked what I indulge in these days, I’ll say that it’s still single malt whisky from Scotland. Oh, you can toss in Japan as provenance, too.


Glenmorangie Whisky from Scotland


The last holiday season naturally turned into a wonderful opportunity to stack up on those precious bottles of quality booze. Balikbayan buddies were warned that the only way they could avoid a hold-departure order was to pay a sort of tribute to this trusty friend upon their arrival. And so they came with those large Duty Free plastic bags with a sealed transparent display of a boxed Glenlivet, Macallan, or Bowmore — among the staples of discernment found in airport liquor shops.


It pays to advertise one’s desiderata. I’ve been doing it for years, in fact nearly a couple of decades now, since literary fellowships allowed me to visit the British Isles and introduced me to the top of the line among Scotch whisky offerings. I do not tire telling everyone about the special virtues of single malt whisky other than their enchanting names.


See full article and more images at "Indulgence and Obsession: Single Malt Whisky from Scotland" http://goo.gl/ZiW6sJ

No comments:

Post a Comment